2006年1月7日星期六

FamilyAlbumUSA_019:第七课:Man's Best Friend ACT I

Robbie, this new Walkman is absolutely wonderful.
Richard and Marilyn bought it for me for my birthday.
They're so thoughtful.
You are very lucky, Robbie, to have such a nice family.
Is something wrong, Alexandra?
No, nothing.
Yes, there is.
I can tell.
What's the matter?
Come on, you can tell me.
What's up?
I don't know.
Something's wrong.
OK, let's talk.
I received a letter from my parents this morning.
Did they write some bad news?
No.
Well, then why are you so sad?
I miss them.
I miss them very much.
I'm sorry, Alexandra.
But I understand.
The Molinas treat me so nicely, and I love being with your family so much ...
but when I received the letter with photographs of my family, I cried.
I cried because I miss them all.
You really miss your family, don't you?
Yes. I know I must seem silly.
It's not like I have nobody.
I like the Molinas very much, and they're so kind to me.
Hey, why don't we go out for a cheeseburger and french fries?
That'll cheer you up.
And you can use my Walkman.
That's a good idea.
But if we go out, please don't complain about your math teacher or your math homework.
I want to have fun.
So do I.
I have to turn off the lights, or else my father will get really angry.
He says I never turn them out when I leave.
If they come home and they're on ...
Do you hear something?
Yes.
What was that?
It sounded like a dog barking.
It sounded like a dog barking right here.
Yeah. 。
A dog!
A springer spaniel!
Come on in!
Make yourself at home.
Oh, you poor little thing.
Come here.
Come on.
Poor baby.
Where did you come from?
Her name's Gemma, and she belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Levinson.
There's a phone number
five five five ... eight four four eight.
Robbie, maybe you should call them Robbie
and tell the Levinsons we have their cute little spaniel.
I've always wanted a springer spaniel.
She's so cute.
The number you are calling -- 555-8448
is no longer in service.
The number's no longer in service.
Oh, you poor, poor baby.
You've lost your family.
We'll find them.
Don't worry, Alexandra.

没有评论: