2006年4月3日星期一

TravelEnglish_003:打车常用英语

1. 先问候,引起别人注意
(1)Hello
(2)Good morning
(3)Good afternoon
(4)Good evening

2. 打电话叫出租车
(1)May I have a taxi at …? 我可以在...叫辆出租车吗?
(2)Could you send a taxi to …? 您能安排一辆出租车到...吗?
(3)I’d like to order a taxi … 我想预定一辆出租车...
(4)Could I book a taxi…? 我能订辆出租车...吗?
(5)I’d like a taxi immediately/as soon as possible please. 我想马上叫辆出租车。

3. 检查出租车在哪儿, 您的出租车没有准时出现,所以您需要知道具体原因
(1)Hello, my name is Mr. Smith. I ordered a taxi for 8p.m at XYZ Street. It’s 8:15 now. Could you check what has happened please?
您好,我是史密斯先生。我订了辆出租车晚上8点到XYZ街。现在是晚上8:15了。您能帮我查一下出了什么问题吗?
(2)Can you make sure one arrives as soon as possible? 您能确保一辆车马上就到吗?

4. 在宾馆,请宾馆的员工帮您安排辆出租车
(1)Could you organize a taxi for me for this evening please? I need to be picked up at 7p.m to go out for a business dinner.
您今晚能帮我安排一辆出租车吗?我想晚上7点出发去赴宴。
(2)Could you book a taxi to take me to the train station tomorrow morning please? I need to be at the station at 8:30a.m. What time do you think should I leave?
您能帮我订辆出租车明早上送我到火车站吗?我早上8:30需赶到。您觉得我什么时候离开比较好?
(3)Excuse me, could you hail a taxi for me please?
打扰一下,您能帮我叫辆出租车吗?
(4)Excuse me, I need a taxi please.
打扰一下,我现在需要叫辆出租车。
(5)Excuse me, could you get a taxi for me please?
打扰一下,您能帮我叫辆出租车吗?

5. 您想提前知道坐出租车大概要多少钱
(1)How much is the typical taxi fare to the airport/train station/city centre/…?
坐出租车到机场/火车站/市中心...大概需要多少钱呢?

6. 在出租车内告诉司机您想去哪儿
(1)Could you take me to ‘The Irish Pub’ on 123 XYZ Street please?
您能送我到123 XYZ街的‘The Irish Pub’吗?

7. 告诉司机您很着急
(1)I’m really in a hurry, so can you take the quickest route please?
我实在是很赶时间,您能尽量开最快的速度吗?
(2)Please step on it!
请开快点!(非正式用语)

8. 您不确定您是否在正确的地点
(1)Are you sure this is 123 XYZ Street? I can’t see ‘The Irish Pub’.
您确定这是123 XYZ街吗?我看不到“The Irish Pub”。

9. 您想知道该付多少钱
(1)How much is the fare please?
请问多少钱?
(2)How much do I owe you?
我该付您多少钱?

10. 您觉得服务很好,想给出租车司机一点小费
(1)Keep the change.
不用找零了。如果司机感谢您,您可以说: “You’re welcome.” 不客气。

2006年4月2日星期日

TravelEnglish_002:用餐常用英语

预定:
  1. 请问有两个人的桌子吗? Have you got a table for two,please?
  2. 您预定餐桌了吗?Have you booked a table?
  3. 您预定了吗?Have you made a reservation?
  4. 吸烟区还是非吸烟区?smoking or non-smoking?
  5. 您想喝点什么?Would you like something to drink?
  6. 您需要看菜单吗?Would you like to see the menu?
早餐:
  1. 先生,您要来点什么?What can I do for you, sir?
  2. 今天早上你们这儿有什么?What have you got this morning?
  3. 水果汁、糕点、各种茶点等等,应有尽有。Fruit juice, cakes and refreshments, and everything.
  4. 请给我来一杯西红柿汁。I’d like to have a glass of tomato juice, please.
  5. 要来点谷类食品吗,先生?Any cereal, sir?
  6. 好的,来一份麦片粥。Yes, a dish of cream of wheat.
  7. 还要来点鸡蛋什么的吗?And eggs?
  8. 要,再来一份熏猪肉和鸡蛋和黄有面包,我喜欢熏猪肉松脆一点。Year, bacon and eggs with buttered toast. I like my bacon very crisp.
  9. 您喜欢鸡蛋怎么做?How do you want your eggs?
  10. 煎的。Fried, please.
    (1)sunny side up: 煎一面荷包蛋
    (2)over easy: 煎半熟荷包蛋
    (3)over hard: 煎全熟荷包蛋
    (4)scramble egg: 炒蛋
    (5)omelet:英['ɒmlɪt] 美[ˈɑməlɪt, ˈɑmlɪt] n.  煎蛋饼,煎蛋卷;炒蛋
    (6)poached egg: 水煮蛋(荷包蛋)
             poach    英[pəʊtʃ] 美[poʊtʃ] v.    偷猎; 水煮; 窃取; 把…踏成泥浆;
    (7)boiled egg: 煮蛋
  11. 还要什么别的东西吗,先生? Anything more, sir?
  12. 不要了,足够了。谢谢。 No, that’s enough. Thank you.


2006年4月1日星期六

TravelEnglish_001:酒店常用英语

  1. 我会晚一点到达,请保留所预订的房间。I'll arrive late, but please keep my reservation.
  2. 我在台北已预订房间。I made a reservation in Taipei.
  3. 我想要一间安静一点的房间。I'd like a quiet room.
  4. 我想要楼上的房间。I'd like a room on the upper level.
  5. 我想要一间视野好(有阳台)的房间。I'd like a room with a nice view (a balcony).
  6. 随时都有热水供应吗? Is hot water available any time?
  7. 我可以看一看房间吗? May I see the room?  
  8. 是否还有更大的(更好的/更便宜的)房间? Do you have anything bigger (better/cheaper)?
  9. 我要订这间房间。I'll take this room.
  10. 麻烦填写这张住宿登记表。Would you fill in this registration form?
  11. 这里可使用信用卡(旅行支票)吗? Do you accept credit cards (traveler's checks)?
  12. 是否可代为保管贵重物品? Could you keep my valuables?
  13. 餐厅在那儿? Where is the dining room?
  14. 餐厅几点开始营业? What time does the dining room open?
  15. 早餐几点开始供应? What time can I have breakfast?
  16. 旅馆内有美容院(理发院)吗? Is there a beauty salon (barber shop)?
  17. 是否可给我一张有旅馆地址的名片? Can I have a card with the hotel's address?
  18. 是否可在此购买观光巴士券? Can I get a ticket for the sight-seeing bus here?
  19. 最近的地铁站在那里? Where is the nearest subway station?
  20. 何时需退房? When is check-out time?
  21. 明早你是否能帮我将行李拿到大厅? Could you bring my baggage down to the lobby tomorrow morning?
    当然。你何时离开? Sure. What time are you leaving?
    8点。At 8 o'clock.
    那么,我将在7点50分到你的房间。Then I'll goto your room at 7:50.
    我总共有3件行李。I have three pieces of baggage.
    明早,请将行李放在你的门口。Please leave them outside your room tomorrow morning.
  22. 这是316号房。我想要一件毛毯。This is room 316. I'd like a blanket, please.
  23. 请送给我一壶咖啡(热水)。Please bring me a pot of coffee (boiled water).
  24. 请送给我一些冰块和水。Please bring me some ice cubes and water.
  25. 我想设定早晨的呼叫铃。I'd like a wake-up call, please.
  26.  冷气(电视、灯)无法开启。The air-conditioner (T.V. set,light) doesn't work.