2006年1月2日星期一

FamilyAlbumUSA_004:第二课:The Blind Date ACT I

Excuse me. Can you help me?
Sure, what do you want?
Where is 83 Wooster Street?
That's easy. Walk to the corner.
Then make a left turn.
Then walk two blocks to the traffic light.
Make another left to Wooster.
Thank you.
To the corner and then a left?
Yeah. A left.
Hot dog? Only seventy-five cents.
No. Thank you. I have a dinner date.
555-9470...and it's busy.... 555-9470…… ……
Try again.
555-9470...and it's still busy. 555-9470……
Excuse me, ma'am.
I'm looking for 83 Wooster Street.
Yes. Wooster Street is two blocks, and 83 is to the right, about two houses.
Thank you, thank you!
You're welcome.
Who is it?
Harry Bennett. Is this Susan?
Yes, it is. Come up.
I'm on the top floor.
Hello, Harry. It's nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you, Susan.
Sorry I'm late.
The traffic. The parking. I was lost.
What pretty flowers! Thank you.
Oh, please come in.
Don't worry about being late. It's fine.
Excuse the mess. I just moved here.
Oh, I'd like you to meet my sister-in-law Marilyn.
Marilyn Stewart, this is Harry Bennett.
Pleased to meet you.
Nice to meet you, Harry.
Are we too late for our dinner reservation?
No, the restaurant will hold our table.
I know the owner very well.
I eat there a lot.
Do you know the phone number of the restaurant?
I'd like to call home and leave the number with the baby-sitter.
Sure. The number is... five five five...seventeen twenty.
May I use the phone?
Five five five...one seven two oh. Hello?
Hi, Michelle. It's Daddy.
Can I speak to Betty?
I want to leave the phone number of the restaurant....
Hi, Betty. I'll be at five five five...seventeen twenty.
OK. Thanks. See you later.
Well, that's done. Shall we go?
I'm ready. See you later, Marilyn.
Have a nice evening.
Bye, Marilyn. Hope to see you again.
Me, too. Have fun!
Thanks.
After you.

没有评论: