2006年1月3日星期二

FamilyAlbumUSA_007:第三课:Grandpa's Trunk ACT I

Marilyn, you want coffee or tea?
Coffee, please.
I am so excited!
At this time tomorrow morning, Grandpa will be sitting in the kitchen with us.
When does he arrive?
At six o'clock this evening.
By plane?
No, by train.
Are we picking him up at the station?
Not Grandpa.
He doesn't want anybody picking him up.
He likes to be independent.
Huh.
Oh, let's go upstairs and prepare Grandpa's room.
Great! Let's do it!
Good morning, Mom.
Morning.
Well, hi, fellas.
Hello.
Hi, honey.
Morning, Marilyn.
We are going upstairs to set up Grandpa's room.
There's coffee ready.
I'm really excited about seeing Grandpa.
Me, too. Milk, please.
He's so funny.
He always makes me laugh.
I hope Grandpa's going to like living with us.
I think he will.
It just takes time to feel comfortable in a new place.
Won't he miss being in Florida?
Well, he will.
But I think he'll like being here with the family.
Are you sure about that?
It's crazy here most of the time.
But it's fun.
That's for sure.
You know, maybe I'll put together some photos of Grandpa as a "welcome" present.
That's a neat idea.
What can I do?
I've got it!
I have a picture of Grandpa and Dad and me in my wallet.
It's from the Fathers and Sons' Breakfast at my junior high school graduation.
Oh, I remember this picture.
I'd really like to pick up Grandpa at the railroad station.
Railroad stations or airports--Grandpa always tells us he'll get here by himself.
He's something!
Is this all Grandpa's stuff?
That's it.
But I'm sure he has a few bags with him on the train.
What's inside?
I don't know. It's locked.
Hi.
Oh, hi, darling.
Morning, Philip.
I want to put some of my good hangers in Grandpa's closet.
You know I'm very excited about his arrival.
We are, too.
Susan called early this morning.
She's unhappy because she's had to go to Chicago on a business trip and can't leave till tonight.
She wants to be here for Grandpa.
Well, Grandpa will be disappointed, too.
He loves Susan.
She always reminds him of Grandma.
Well, how's everything here?
Fine. We were just wondering about this trunk.
It's locked.
Oh. I have the key. Grandpa sent it to me.

没有评论: