2006年1月25日星期三

FamilyAlbumUSA_075:第二十五课:Country Music ACT III

I'm so glad everyone is asleep.
I thought Max would be crying, and everybody would be awake.
What did I tell you?
Nothing to worry about.
I'm sure everything is fine.
My mother knows all there is to know about taking care of babies, I assure you.
Let's put some of this stuff away and then take off.
We've got a forty-minute drive into the city.
Welcome home--and I do mean welcome home.
Something wrong?
Oh, nothing's wrong, Richard.
Believe me, Max is fine.
But his teeth hurt, and he just can't get to sleep, poor dear.
Neither can you.
Oh, I feel so bad.
Oh, I'm fine.
How was your weekend?
We had a great time, Mom.
It was wonderful.
The weather couldn't have been better.
It was nice here, too.
Did you get a chance to get outside at all?
Oh, yes.
Grandpa helped me yesterday afternoon.
I went to the supermarket to get a few things, and I stayed out an extra half hour.
The village was filled with people--the weather was so nice.
Harry's a professional camper, Mom.
He knows all there is to know, and he made the weekend very easy for us to enjoy.
Come on. You all helped.
You were wonderful, Harry!
Why don't you go to your room, Mom, and get some sleep.
Oh, I'm fine.
Tell me more about your weekend.
Did you do anything special?
Lots of special country things.
We picked flowers.
And we brought some home for you.
It was so nice to be out in the country.
They smell wonderful.
Everything smelled so special.
It would have been great if we had been able to bottle the smells.
It would be a great business if you could do that.
Oh!
Uh, we're home now, Ellen.
We'll take care of it.
I'll take care of it.
Let's see if it works.
What's that?
A little special country music.
I think we'd better head home.
It's getting late, and we have a bit of a drive.
Well, all your things are inside.
There's your sleeping bag.
Oh, thanks, Harry.
Say good-bye to Richard.
We'll call you all tomorrow night.
Good-bye.
Bye, Mom.
Bye-bye.
Bye.
I'm so tired I think I'm overtired.
I don't know if I can get to sleep.
Max has stopped crying.
Yes. It works!
It works!
What works?
This.
Oh. Oh, where did you get that?
It sounds so nice.
I think I'm falling asleep.
Like Max did.
Good night.
Good night.
Sounds of the country.
The soothing sounds of the country.

没有评论: