2006年1月6日星期五

FamilyAlbumUSA_017:第六课:Thanksgiving ACT II

Cinnamon!
I love parades.
The Thanksgiving Day parade is always such great fun.
Look at that Superman balloon!
Wowee! Just floating along high above Central Park West.
Don't you just love it?
Oh, and the bands and the music.
John Philip Sousa.
I love his music.
Da dada da da dada da da da da da da dada.
Oh, look at that float, Robbie.
Look at those funny-looking clowns.
It's for kids.
Maybe so, but parades always make me feel like a kid.
Remember when you and your dad and I went to the Thanksgiving Day parade?
You were four or five years old, I think.
Hello, hello.... Oh, hi, Susan.
How are you?... Here's Mom.
Hello, Susan.
Yes, he missed a phone call from Alexandra.
Yes, I know, but he'll get over it.
Good. Then you'll be here about five?
Oh, fine.
I look forward to seeing you and Harry and Michelle.
Drive carefully.
Good-bye.
Taste Ellen's turkey dressing.
It's delicious.
I'm not surprised.
It's Grandma's recipe.
It's my favorite part of the meal.
What about my famous apple pie?
Dad, your apple pie is my favorite dessert.
How's the parade?
OK.
Mom! Is it for me?
No, Robbie.
Who was it?
Wrong number.
Philip, would you join me in the kitchen, please?
It's getting late.
We have vegetables to prepare.
Can I help with anything?
No, honey.
You just relax with Grandpa.
I'll get you to help serve later.
Ellen reminds me so much of Grandma.
What time does the Michigan football game come on?
Four.
Philip!
I'll be back to see the game.
Grandpa, when did Dad graduate from Michigan?
Let me think.
He graduated from medical school in 1960 and from the University of Michigan in 1956.
Did you go to Michigan, too, Grandpa?
Yup. I graduated in 1937.
I've got to start thinking about college soon.

没有评论: