2006年1月6日星期五

FamilyAlbumUSA_018:第六课:Thanksgiving ACT III

OK, everybody.
I want to welcome Harry and his daughter Michelle to Thanksgiving with us.
Thank you, Dr. Stewart.
Call me Philip
OK.
But first, I think we should take a moment and remember the meaning of Thanksgiving.
Philip, I took Michelle to a school play about the first Thanksgiving.
Well, why don't you tell us about that, Michelle?
Thanksgiving was about the Pilgrims, the first settlers in America.
They shared the first harvest with the Indians and gave thanks.
All right.
Then in that spirit let each of us give thanks.
Each in his own way.
Who wants to begin?
I will.
I give thanks for being here with my family and for being well, so I can enjoy you all.
All rihgt!
We love you, Grandpa.
I'd like to give thanks for a healthy year, a good job, and for meeting Harry and Michelle.
We'd like to give thanks for meeting Susan and the Stewart family.
I love you, Daddy.
Thanks, Harry.
That was very kind of you.
I'd like to give thanks for Grandpa coming to live with us.
And I'd also like to thank my math teacher for giving me a passing grade.
And call me, Alexandra.
Oh, Robbie!
She'll call.
You go first, Marilyn.
I'm thinking.
You go first.
Well, you all know I'm working on my photo album.
It's not finished yet.
And I'd like to thank Marilyn for being so patient.
Thanks, Richard.
I should thank you for encouraging me to keep working on my fashion designs.
I'm lucky to have a husband with an artistic eye.
Oh, we have a lot to be thankful for.
For the food on this table.
Just like the Pilgrims.
I'll go along with that, Ellen.
Well, help me serve, Robbie.
It was a wonderful meal, Mrs. Stewart.
Thank you.
And now to see the end of the football game.
Exactly.
Where are you going, Philip?
Remember, the Michigan football game?
And Michigan needs a touchdown.
Did you forget something?
Dad, your famous apple pie.
Just let me see the score, Ellen.
Go ahead, Philip.
We should all take a little break before dessert.
Oh, who could that be?
Oh, it must be Alexandra.
I invited her to come by for dessert.
You did?
I like Ellen.
You know everyone, Alexandra.
No, she doesn't know Harry Bennett and his daughter Michelle.
Nice to meet you.
Hi.
Hello, Alexandra.
Hi, Marilyn.
Hi, Susan.
Happy Thanksgiving.
And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.
Please sit down, Alexandra.
Dad, Richard--Alexandra's here.
Michigan needs a touchdown.
Three minutes to play.
Hi, Alexandra. Welcome.
Hello, Alexandra.
Yes, Michigan needs a touchdown.
One tiny little touchdown, with just three minutes to play.
You want Michigan to win.
How'd you guess?
And Alexandra brought us a pumpkin pie.
What happened?
We forgot to turn the oven on.
We did?
Philip, why don't you go Philip watch the last three minutes of the game.
I will serve coffee and pumpkin pie.
OK. I'll be back in a few minutes.
Robbie, would you bring the dessert plates. Robbie And, Marilyn, would you pour coffee, please.
Sure, Ellen.
How was your Thanksgiving dinner, Alexandra?
Just wonderful, Mr. Stewart.
The Molinas are a large family.
I love being with them.
I'm glad you came by, Alexandra.
I am, too.
Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdown!
Great Thanksgiving.
Lots to be thankful for.
Michigan scored a touchdown.
Alexandra came by.
And nobody misses Philip's famous apple pie.
Oh, Grandpa!

没有评论: