2006年1月22日星期日

FamilyAlbumUSA_066:第二十二课:Career Choices ACT III

Hi, big guy.
That must be Rita Mae.
She sure got here quickly.
That's a good sign.
She must like you and your work, Marilyn.
I think she's just anxious to see Max.
She loves children.
Hi, Marilyn.
Welcome.
It's so nice of you to come.
Oh, I just wanted to see your baby, Max.
Hello, Rita Mae.
I haven't seen you since the hospital.
I'm Ellen Stewart, Marilyn's mother-in-law.
We met at the hospital.
Hello.
How are you?
I remember.
How are you?
Oh, and there is Max!
Oh! My, how he's grown!
A little present for Max.
Oh, it's beautiful, Rita Mae!
You shouldn't have.
It's nothing.
It's just a little present for Max.
Can I get you some coffee or tea or a cold drink, Rita Mae?
Oh, nothing, thank you.
Well, I will leave you two to talk.
Come on, you big guy.
Yes, come on.
That's it.
It's nice seeing you.
Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks, Ellen.
Thanks, Ellen.
OK, Marilyn.
You sounded like you've made a decision when you called me.
I'm all ears.
I have made a decision, Rita Mae.
I've decided to stay at home and be a full-time mother.
I'm disappointed, but I respect your decision.
If I had a child as cute as Max, I might do the same thing.
But I haven't finished telling you the other half of my decision.
The other half?
Yes.
I think I can stay at home and take care of Max and continue my career.
Sounds interesting.
Let me hear it.
Do you remember our talks about custom-designed dresses for the boutique?
I sure do.
Why can't I design dresses for you here at home?
And make them here.
Have the fittings here, too.
And I could do the selling and the pricing at the boutique.
Exactly.
Oh!
What kind of dresses would you design?
I've thought about that for some time.
Yes?
Wedding dresses.
Wedding dresses?
Brilliant idea!
There's a big market today in wedding dresses.
That's what I thought.
I like the idea very much.
And if it's successful, we can expand to all kinds of dresses.
That's what I thought.
As a matter of fact, I have a customer for your first wedding dress.
My niece is getting married, and I've been trying to find just the right thing for her.
Marilyn, you're going to design my niece's dress.
That'll be our first one, and then we'll use it to sell others.
Do you really mean it?
I really mean it.
It's a simple idea, and it will work.
You can certainly design dresses.
I know that.
And there's no reason why you can't do it from your home.
I'm so excited!
I can't wait to tell Richard!
If I had a baby like Max, I'd want to stay home and be near him all the time, too.
You're making the right decision for Max and for yourself too, Marilyn.
It all sounds so easy.
Now the hard work begins.
Would you like to see some of my designs that I've been working on?
I'd love to.
Ooh! Oh, that's wonderful!
Ooh ...

没有评论: