2006年1月5日星期四

FamilyAlbumUSA_013:第五课:The Right Magic ACT I

Hi, Grandpa.
Hi, Robbie.
Can I help?
Yes, indeed.
Hand me two eggs from the refrigerator, and I'll make you two fried eggs.
How about some bacon?
I made enough for an army.
You going to the baseball game today?
It's a perfect day for it--a little cloudy but nice and warm.
Dad and I were planning to go to the game, but he has to work today, and my friends don't want to go.
It's not an important game, anyway.
Do you have any other plans for the day?
I'll work on my computer.
I have a new math program, and I want to learn how to use it.
Maybe you can teach me how to work on a computer someday.
Anytime. It's really easy, but, like anything, you need to work at it, Grandpa.
This bacon is great.
I love crispy bacon.
Oh, what are you doing tomorrow?
Nothing much.
Well, maybe your dad and I could take you fishing with us.
I'd like that, but ...
But what?
But Dad is always so busy.
Well, can you come fishing with me tomorrow?
Sure, I can.
Robbie says you can't take him to the game today.
I really feel bad about it, but they need me at the hospital today, in the children's ward.
I understand.
Maybe we can spend some time together next weekend.
Definitely.
We should.
You and Robbie and me.
Remember our first fishing trip?
I sure do....
Well, I've got to run, Dad.
See you later.
Going fishing?
I'm thinking about it....
So, how's work?
Oh, the usual problems.
You're working pretty hard these days.
I guess I am.
When did you last go fishing with Robbie?
I remember exactly.
It was on his birthday, June second, two years ago.
We didn't catch anything.
Remember our fishing trips?
Yes. I loved them.
Remember catching your first fish?
How can I forget?
I fell out of the boat!
We had some good times together.
Yes, we did.
Maybe we should do it again.
How about tomorrow?
Don't you have to work?
My paper work will wait.
Oh, Robbie will be thrilled.
I am, too, Son.
I want to spend more time with Robbie.
Tomorrow.
It'll be like old times for you and me.
And Robbie will love it.
Well, what's the weather going to be like?
Radio says sunny and mild.
Well, I'll tell Robbie.
And thanks, Dad.
Don't thank me.
I'm just being a grandfather.

没有评论: