2006年1月2日星期一

FamilyAlbumUSA_005:第二课:The Blind Date ACT II

Ah! Miss Stewart! Welcome!
How are you?
Fine, Somsak. And you?
Fine, thank you.
This is my friend Harry Bennett.
Pleased to meet you.
Very nice to meet you.
Any friend of Miss Stewart's is welcome at Somsak's.
Follow me, please.
I like it here.
I do, too. I come here often.
A special place for special people.
Thank you, Somsak.
Well! Nice restaurant.
Would you like something to drink?
Yes, I'd like a glass of ginger ale with ice.
Harry, what would you like?
Do you have a dry white wine?
How about a California chablis?
Chablis is fine.
What would you like to eat?
I'd like the mee krob.
Harry, would you like to see a menu?
No, it's Ok.
I'll have the mee krob also.
What is it?
Crispy fried noodles. I love them.
May I bring you a salad?
Oh yes.
What do you recommend today?
I recommend rose-petal salad.
Special for new friends.
Rose-petal salad?
Why not?
I'll take care of everything.
I hope you're hungry.
What? Oh, yes. Starving. Well, I...
Well, I ...
What do you do at Universe Toy Company?
I'm the vice-president of new toy development.
Terrific!
I know you 're a CPA.
That's true. Harry Bennett, certified public accountant.
I love numbers.
I do some work for Smith and Dale, Your company's accounting firm.
And so...
Here we are.
Yes.
I have a daughter.
I know. How old is she?
She's nine years old.
That's a nice age. What's her name?
Michelle.
Do you have a picture of her?
She's very pretty.
Thank you.
Rose-petal salad.
And there's a phone call for you, Mr. Bennett.
Excuse me, Susan.
I hope nothing is wrong.
I'll get the rest of the dinner.
Excuse me.
Please forgive me, Susan, but...
I have to leave. I feel terrible, but...
What's the matter?
My daughter isn't feeling well.
Oh no! Is it serious?
I don't know. The baby-sitter says she has a stomachache, and she's crying.
I'll have to go home.
Will you forgive me?
Of course. I'm so sorry for Michelle.
And you didn't have a chance to eat.
Oh, it's OK.
Let me take you home first.
No, no. Please, go ahead.
It's our first date.
We'll make another.
Please don't worry.
I'll phone you.
I hope your daughter is all right. Good-bye.
Good-bye.

没有评论: