2006年1月8日星期日

FamilyAlbumUSA_022:第八课:You're Going to Be Fine ACT I

Molly, I need your special talent for handling special matters.
Like what special matters?
Well, I have a scheduling problem.
Yes?
I have three tonsillectomies set for Friday with Dr. Earl.
Yes?
I need to fit a fourth operation into his schedule.
And ... I know you can do it.
Who's the patient?
Carl Herrera.
The boy has infected tonsils, and we should remove them as soon as possible.
Well, I'll try to arrange the schedule, Dr. Stewart.
But it's not going to be easy.
I know you'll be able to take care of it.
Well, Mrs. Herrera, Carl will be perfectly fine after we remove his tonsils.
Thank you for your reassurance, Dr. Stewart.
He's had so many colds and sore throats recently.
Well, it's a very easy operation, Carl.
You won't feel a thing.
But when do they do it?
This Friday.
But Saturday's my birthday.
Well, we could reschedule the operation, Mrs. Herrera, but I don't want to put it off too long.
No, I think it's important to do it now.
We can have a birthday party for you, Carl, When you come out of the hospital.
But it won't be on my birthday.
But your health is more important, Carl. Believe me.
I don't want my tonsils out. 
Nurse Baker, would you come in, please?
Hello, Mrs. Herrera. Hi, Carl, how you doing?
I don't want my tonsils out.
Come with me, Carl.
You and I will talk this over.
She has a special way with kids.
She sure does.
Carl, does your throat hurt?
Yes.
OK. Do you want to get better?
Yes.
OK. We want you to get better, too.
You'll have your tonsils out tomorrow, and you won't get so many colds anymore.
But if I have my tonsils out tomorrow, I'll miss my birthday party on Saturday.
I know.
It's a problem, isn't it?
Let me try to work something out.
What?
I have to think about it.
You're fooling me.
Oh, I'm not, Carl.
Give me a chance to think about it, and I'll come up with something.
A surprise?
Maybe.
But you just put on your pajamas and robe, and I'll think of a surprise.
Will it hurt?
No.
There are other boys and girls here, and they're having their tonsils out.
You'll meet them.
I don't want to.
Change your clothes, Carl.
Everything will be just fine.

没有评论: