2006年1月4日星期三

FamilyAlbumUSA_010:第四课:A Piece of Cake ACT I

I am exhausted. My new exercise class is so hard.
Your new exercise class?
Yeah. My new advanced exercise class.
Why advanced?
My instructor thought that the beginner's class was too easy for me.
Too easy for you?
Don't laugh. In the beginner's class, they give you a chance to rest between exercises.
So?
The advanced class is nonstop.
I lift weights every morning for sixty minutes without stopping.
No problem.
Listen, Richard, doing aerobics for an hour is a lot different than lifting weights.
Yeah. Quite a bit different.
I think aerobics is easy.
I could work out in your class with no problem.
You think so?
Oh, without a doubt.
When's the next class?
Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock. Try it.
Tomorrow morning after lifting weights, I'll try aerobics.
It's a nap. Tomorrow morning at ten o'clock.
Aren't you going to the aerobics class this morning?
Of Course. Easy. No sweat.
You are not going to be able to move after this and the aerobics class.
Are you kidding me?
It's going to be a piece of cake.
You want to bet?
Yeah. What's the bet?
I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning and not feel a thing!
The bet is -- I win, and you cook dinner for the entire family.
Or you win, and I cook dinner for the entire family.
It's a bet.
Ok. Call my instructor, Jack Davis, right now.
His number is 555-8842.
The advanced class starts at ten o'clock.
Well, it's eight twenty now.
It only takes eight minutes by bicycle to the aerobics class.
Give him a call.
Davis Aerobics Center for Good Health.
Jack Davis, please.
This is Jack Davis.
Hello. This is Richard Stewart.
My wife, Marilyn Stewart, is a member of your program.
I'd like to come to the ten o'clock advanced class this morning.
Oh, fine, fine. Be here a few minutes early.
You need to complete some forms before the class.
Thanks. I'm on my way over.
Good-bye.
Bye-bye.
It's all set. I'm going.
Bye.
See you later.
Good luck.
Don't forget about the bet.
Dinner for the entire family.
And that includes Susan.
Don't you forget.

没有评论: