2006年1月20日星期五

FamilyAlbumUSA_058:第二十课:Quality Time ACT I

Where's Mom?
She went to a school-board meeting.
I don't know how she does it.
She sure keeps busy.
It's important to her.
There are lots of places to go,lots of things to do.
She can't sit around and do nothing.
Philip works late.
I guess you're right.
I wish I had her energy.
Anybody home?
We're in here, Dad.
Oh. Hi, gang.
Hello, Philip.
How was your day?
My day was just fine.
So was my night.
It's almost ten o'clock.
Mmm. I'm starving.
Um ... where's Mom?
She went to a school-board meeting.
There's a note for you on the refrigerator.
Oh?
Did you have dinner, Robbie?
Yeah.
Mike and I had a hamburger at the diner.
I came home a little while ago.
You've been working late almost every night this week, Dad.
Aren't you exhausted?
I don't have time to be exhausted.
You and Mom haven't had dinner together with us in almost a full week.
Yeah, I feel bad about us not having dinner with the family, but our schedules are so different.
Either I'm at the hospital doing paperwork, or Mom is at a committee meeting.
I frankly don't know what to do about it.
I'm worried about you and Mom.
You really have been working too hard.
Well, I think I've had enough of that sandwich.
You didn't finish it.
It's not good to eat before going to bed.
A cookie can't hurt, though.
Well, I'm heading off for bed and a good night's sleep.
Well, good night.
Good night, Son.
Good night, Dad.
I'm going to bed.
Good night, Philip.
Haven't you finished balancing that checkbook?
I found another mistake.
I'll be off to bed myself in a minute.
OK. Good night.
I'm really concerned about them, Grandpa.
Concerned about whom?
About Mom and Dad.
They hardly ever see each other.
Dad often works late, and Mom has all these committees she's on.
What do you propose to do about it?
You have that look in your eye.
I don't know, but there must be a way of getting them to spend more time together.
Quality time.

没有评论: