2006年1月17日星期二

FamilyAlbumUSA_050:第十七课:Photo Finish ACT II

Good morning.
Good morning. My name is Richard Stewart.
I'm here to see Mr. Carlson.
Please sit down, Mr. Stewart.
Mr. Carlson will be with you shortly.
Thank you.
Excuse me, Mr. Carlson, but Richard Stewart is here for his ten o'clock appointment with you.
OK. Thank you.
Like I said, he'll be with you shortly.
Thank you.
Yes, Mr. Carlson. Yes, sir.
He's ready for you, Mr. Stewart.
Thank you. In there?
Yes. In there. Good luck.
Come in, come in.
This is a crazy morning. Hello, Richard.
Hello, Mr. Carlson.
Sit down, sit down.
Thank you for seeing me on such short notice.
I hope you've brought your pictures along.
I see that you have. Let's get right to it.
We need a new coffee-table book, and a book of photos about the United States still feels right.
OK, let's take a look.
Good. Very good. Family Album, U.S.A.
It's an excellent title.
If you had to describe the book in one sentence,how would you do it?
Well, I'd describe it as a book which is a ... a portrait of the United States-- the places, the people--mostly the people.
The things they do, the ways they live, the places they visit, and the landmarks.
A photographic journey.
These are wonderful-- these photos in your performing arts section.
Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center.
I'm glad you like them.
I do, but ...
But?
There's something missing. You've got a good eye, Richard.
You're a terrific photographer.
But before I can publish your work, I need to meet with my marketing department, I need to meet with my marketing department,and you've got to do one more thing.
What's that, Mr. Carlson?
In the section on culture, you've included performing arts centers, but you've left out street performance. The mimes.
The musicians. The dancers--in the parks and on the streets.
Richard, if you go out Richard and photograph street performances in the city, you'll have it.
That is a great idea.
The performing arts centers and the street performances.
I'll do it.
If you do it, I'll publish your work.
Are you serious?
I've never been more serious.
When do you think you can return with street performances?
A couple of weeks.
If they're as good as the rest of these pictures, it's a deal.
You won't be disappointed, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.
Good-bye, Richard, and good luck. See you in two weeks.
Good-bye, Mr. Carlson. Thanks.
So if you like the street-performance photos, you'll really publish Family Album, U.S.A.?
When I say something, I mean it.
Go to work. Good-bye.
Good-bye.

没有评论: