2006年1月26日星期四

FamilyAlbumUSA_078:第二十六课:Opening Night ACT III

What's this?
Read it.
I can't.
Would you read it, Marilyn?
"Richard Stewart's show at the Carlson Gallery is a collection of photographs from his new book entitled Family Album, U.S.A.
There is power and beauty in Mr. Stewart's work,
and his book introduces us to a remarkable new talent."
Oh, Richard, it's wonderful!
Congratulations!
Wow! I'm overwhelmed.
Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention for a moment, please?
I hope you're all enjoying the exhibition.
I know that I am.
And I would like to introduce the young man who spent the last five years taking these remarkable pictures and writing the background for Family Album,U.S.A.,Mr. Richard Stewart.
Hello.
I want to thank all of you for coming here tonight.
I'd like to thank Harvey Carlson for his faith in my project.
But most of all, I would like to thank my family for their love and support all through this adventure.
Thank you.
Oh, I'm glad that's over.
Would you mind?
Oh, not at all.
Thanks.
Our pleasure.
Hope it wins a Pulitzer Prize.
I'll settle for an "A" in my photography course.
Ah, Richard, Marilyn, I want you to meet John O'Neill.
Oh, how do you do?
Nice to meet you.
I've been looking forward to meeting your husband, Mrs. Stewart.
I'm really impressed by your show.
Thank you.
In fact, I'd like your autograph.
Oh, well, really ...
On a contract.
What's this about, Harvey?
Mr. O'Neill is the publisher of several magazines. 。
Of course. I've seen you on television.
Mr. O'Neill was so impressed with your work that he wants to develop it into a magazine concept.
Well, that sounds very exciting,but where would I fit into the plan?
I'd like you to be the photo editor of the magazine.
Oh, Richard, how exciting!
It's a wonderful opportunity, Richard.
Hold on. Wait a minute, please.
What's the problem, Richard?
The problem is that I'm a photographer, not an editor.
I like what I do.
In fact, I love what I do ...
which is going out with a camera and a roll of film and seeing the wonder of humanity.
Now, I appreciate your offer, but I've worked so hard on Family Album, U.S.A.,
and I'm giving some thought to a new book on a different subject.
I'm flattered, but I enjoy taking pictures, and I want to continue doing that.
Thank you, but I'm happy being a photographer.
I understand, Richard.
Richard, I know your next book will be a success.
Congratulations!
Thanks.
You're a real Stewart!

没有评论: