2006年1月22日星期日

FamilyAlbumUSA_064:第二十二课:Career Choices ACT I

"Rock-a-bye, baby, on the tree top,When the wind blows, The cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks, The cradle will fall, And down will come baby, Cradle and all."
Hi, Marilyn, What are you doing?
Just sketching.
I've been thinking a lot about our responsibilities in the past few weeks.
I never stop thinking about them.
I've been wrestling with the question of whether I go back to work or not.
I see.
And I'm torn.
I really want to go back to work, use my talents, and pursue my career in fashion design like we always thought I would.
But now ...
I want to be with Max as a full-time mother, especially when he's a baby.
I really understand, Marilyn.
But you never have to worry about Max.
There's Mother and Grandpa ... and I can always arrange my photo schedule around your schedule, if that will help.
It's not the same, Richard.
Have you discussed going back to work with your boss?
Rita Mae called yesterday.
Ah! That's what's got you thinking, isn't it?
She wants to know when I think I'll be returning to the boutique.
And you said ... ?
I said I'd give her an answer in a few days ...that I wasn't sure.
I'm sure Rita Mae will understand and wait until you're ready to go back to work.
Well, maybe she will, and maybe she won't.
Who knows?
If I don't accept her offer, maybe she'll find someone else in the meantime, and when I'm ready to go back, there won't be a job for me.
That's something to consider.
You've got yourself to think about, too.
But I am thinking about myself.
Don't you see?
What do you mean?
It's not just the job.
It's also my career as Max's mother.
That's the way I look at it.
I have two career opportunities at the same time.
My career as a fashion designer and my career as a mother.
I never really thought about being a mother as a career.
I guess you do have two career opportunities and a decision to make.
I hear Max.
I'll go to him.
No, that's OK.
I'll do it.

没有评论: