2006年1月14日星期六

FamilyAlbumUSA_041:第十四课:Playing Games ACT II

Oh, Daddy!
We had such a good time at the aquarium.
I saw a real shark.
I could almost touch it.
I'm so glad.
Hi. Michelle, why don't you introduce everybody to Susan?
Hi, Susan.
Hi.
I'd like you to meet Audrey and her mother, Mrs. Cooper.
Hello, Audrey.
Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cooper.
I'm Susan Stewart.
And this is Shirley and Nicole.
Hi, girls.
Come on in.
Come on in, Mrs. Cooper.
Come on in, everybody.
The aquarium was so exciting.
I had never been there before.
The girls learned a great deal.
Frankly, so did I.
Well, please sit down and tell us all about it during lunch.
We prepared some tuna fish and cheese sandwiches for lunch.
I love tuna fish.
Don't you, Audrey?
I remember when I used to be a Girl Scout.
My mother would take us everywhere, too.
Susan, I understand you're in the toy business.
Yes, I am.
My company manufactures toys and games for children.
Susan's vice-president in charge of new toys and games.
And the marketing of new toys and games.
Can we test a new game for you, Susan?
That's an excellent idea, Michelle.
I happen to have a game which I brought home to study.
Let us try it!
Do you want to play?
Nicole? Shirley? Audrey?
We tested it last week on twelve- to fifteen-year-olds, and they found it to be too easy-- in other words ... boring.
We think it might be just right for ten- to twelve-year-olds.
That's us, Susan.
First, you shuffle the deck and lay them face down.
Then you select the leader.
I'll be the leader.
The leader takes the first ten cards and lays them face up on this stand.
h-t-e-r-c-z-e-p-e-s.
Everyone gets a turn, going counterclockwise, left to right.
You have thirty seconds to make a word, using as many letters as possible.
You get one point for each letter, plus the person with the longest word gets ten extra points.
The first one to get one hundred points wins.
That's easy.
OK, let's go around the table.
You first, Audrey.
Chest--c-h-e-s-t.
Good.
That's five points.
Next, Nicole.
Three--t-h-r-e-e.
OK.
That's five points also.
It's your turn, Shirley.
Creep--c-r-e-e-p.
Creep.
That's another five-letter word.
Five points.
So far, you're all tied.
Sheet--s-h-e-e-t.
Sheet is a five-letter word.
Michelle, your turn.
Cheese--c-h-e-e-s-e.
Terrific!
Michelle wins with a six-letter word, plus she gets an additional ten points for a total of sixteen points.
How are you enjoying the game so far?
I think it's too easy.
Too easy?
Michelle!
It's OK, Harry.
Michelle is quite right.
She just said it's too easy.
Well, I like the game.
I enjoyed lunch, Susan.
Thank you so much, but we have to get going to meet the rest of the troop at two o'clock at the museum.
Oh, it was nice meeting all of you.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the Museum of Natural History.
Good-bye, everybody.
Have a good time.
Bye.
See you in front of the museum at five o'clock.
Oh, OK.
Thanks, Mr. Bennett.
That'll be fine.
And thanks again for the lunch and for the game.
Good-bye, Susan.
It's not a bad game.
It's just ... slow.
Just slow.
You helped save our company a lot of money.
Bye-bye.
You are wonderful with kids.
I am.
Isn't there a conversation that we have to finish?

没有评论: