2006年1月15日星期日

FamilyAlbumUSA_043:第十五课:Second Honeymoon ACT I

What's this for?
Just because. How's the baby?
Fast asleep.
I'm sorry I missed him. I had to work late.
What are the flowers for, Richard?
Five years of happiness. Happy anniversary.
But our anniversary isn't until Saturday.
I couldn't wait.
Besides, we are not going to be here Saturday.
We're not?
Uh-uh.
Where are we going to be?
If you had your choice of all the places in the world.
where would you choose to spend our anniversary?
The Watermill Inn.
I loved that place when we went on our honeymoon.
Perfect! You picked the right place.
I don't understand.
You and I, Mrs. Stewart, are going to spend a second honeymoon at the Watermill Inn.
Oh, Richard! That's wonderful, but--
No buts.
What about the baby?
Aren't we taking the baby on our honeymoon?
Absolutely not.
The world's greatest grandmother, Mrs. Ellen Stewart, has agreed to take care of him for the weekend.
Richard, isn't that too much to ask of your mother?
Too much? She loves taking care of Max.
But ... I'll miss him.
Well, we'll phone every hour, and you can listen to him over the phone.
Come on, Mar.
It's time you and I had a romantic weekend alone together.
We've earned it. What do you say?
It does sound tempting.
You're right. We've earned it.
Great! I'll make a reservation right now.
Remember that wonderful little balcony where we had our meals ...with a view of the Hudson River?
How could I forget?
Hello. Is Mrs. Montefiore there?
Ah. She's out.
Yes. This is Richard Stewart.
My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the inn.
No, we didn't leave anything in the room.
It's five years ago.
We'd like to make a reservation for this weekend.
Yes, a double room, please. What?
Are you sure? But ... OK.
Nothing available.
Wait! Don't hang up!
Can you recommend someplace nice--someplace nearby?
Uh--hold it. Old Country Inn?
Right. And the phone number?
555-2420. Thank you.
He says there's another inn just half a mile down the road from the Watermill.
It won't be the same, but what do you say?
Well ...
My mom is available to baby-sit this weekend.
Well, OK. See if they have a room.
Right!
Hello. Is this the Old Country Inn?
Yes. This is Richard Stewart.
The desk clerk at the Watemill suggested your inn.
Would you happen to have a room for two availbale this weekend?
Something really nice.
My wife and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary.
Yes. I'll hold. He's checking. You do?
Great! What is the daily rate?
That's fine. Thank you.
Yes, we'll be arriving by car about ten o'clock Friday night.
Stewart. S-t-e-w-a-r-t. Thank you.
Done! You and I, Mrs. Stewart.
are going to have a wonderful, romantic weekend!
Richard, that's the baby.

没有评论: